My Summer Goals

I’ve found that disrupting your everyday routines with either a temporary or permanent change can be extremely helpful for reevaluating your ambitions and rekindling your motivation. Luckily enough for me, the last few weeks have been stuffed full with so much travelling I’ve had more than enough opportunity to consider my priorities. Now, sitting in Helsinki Airport in Finland on the verge of flying home, I feel that tingling urge to push forward with the things that are important to me that sometimes sets in after the disruption of routine: the feeling of determination.

A couple of posts back, I reviewed my 2018 goals which I made in January – most of them seem to be moving along well but some of the points on the list have definitely been feeling a little neglected. I thought that the coming two months before I head off to university could be a great time to put in the effort with my goals in the hope that I can establish routines that won’t fall apart so easily when I move in September.

Creative Goals

Write lots – I have several writing projects I want to kickstart this summer, as well as the desire to grow this blog. I often find it easier to write blog posts rather than projects I’m working on privately, and this means that I have the tendency to procrastinate from some types of writing by writing other things. I guess that’s kind of productive, but I’d like to get over this hurdle.

Grow my blog – I don’t want blogging to fall by the wayside either though! I recently hit 1k blog followers and 3k Twitter followers and this has really inspired me to keep going. This summer I want to keep up a regular posting schedule, plan and write posts in advance and start reaching out to companies to collaborate.

IMG_2819

Health Goals

Get back into a healthy lifestyle – a classic goal that everyone always seems to have, yet I’m a little gutted to have to be writing this one at this point. Since January I have made big steps forward on the exercise front (basketball, running, yoga) but illness and stress (and I guess travelling) have repeatedly pushed these health goals into the gutter. I want to start all these activities again, especially in the nicer weather!

Be in tune with my body – some of you know how stomach problems have been getting in my way for a while now, and although I’ve still got some tests to do it seems that it is a problem that might have to be managed through being mindful and experimental with what I’m eating – something that hasn’t been possible whilst travelling.

Spend time outside – hopefully the good weather is going to hold out for us in the UK as I want to spend time in the countryside, by the sea and hopefully go on a camping trip at some point.

IMG_2820

Organisation Goals

Get stuff ready for university – I keep mentioning how I’m off to study in the autumn, and that’s going to require a little bit of organisation (and some new fairy lights of course). Don’t worry, I will be doing a few uni haul posts for all of you nosey people out there!

Set up my new bullet journal – I don’t know if anyone’s realised, but I haven’t done a bujo post since my May bullet journal setup post. That’s because I decided I wasn’t going to use one whilst abroad. But I do have a lot of planning posts in the works as I have a beautiful untouched journal ready for the start of the academic year. Can anyone guess the colour?

IMG_2816

Other Goals

Get back into reading – this is a goal I set myself in January but haven’t satisfyingly fulfilled yet. I want to skim through a few books related to my university course, Sociology, and read a couple of novels before I leave home.

See friends – summer is the best time to meet up with friends as most people come home at some point during the summer months. I want to make lots of plans before I move to a different town and it’s harder to arrange things.

That’s it! Plenty to keep busy with I think. Have you set any goals this summer?

Want to collab with me or be featured on my blog? Check out the topics I want to write about with you and send over an email to alysjournals@gmail.com.

Come say hi:

Twitter (@alysjournals)

Instagram (@alysjournals)

Bloglovin’

All enquiries: alysjournals@gmail.com

48 thoughts on “My Summer Goals

1. thegiraffeslifeblog says:

I really need to get back into journaling so I can set myself some goals I can actually track! One of my main goals is also to write more, it’s defo ended up in the back of my mind and I need something that’ll motivate me! Great post as always!! xx

Liked by 2 people

2. Dana says:

Your words always encourage us to check ourselves when it comes to setting and keeping goals. I have several unfinished projects and books that need my attention! This post gave me the kick in the pants I needed to do so😍❤️✌🏻
    Dana
    Nowheretobeproject.com

Liked by 1 person

3. Bexa says:

I love that you are feeling determined with your goals Alys! It’s so exciting that you are off to uni in the Autumn and can’t wait to see your uni haul posts! 😍 All the best with your summer goals, you are doing amazingly with blog & twitter followers! 💕😘 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

Liked by 1 person

4. The Bibliovert says:

I love the layout for your bullet journal! I am still using a planner, but I am looking to switch over to using a bullet journal with in the next couple months.

Liked by 1 person

5. nataliesalchemy says:

I love to use the summer time as a way to refocus on my goals! I’m sorry to hear about your stomach problems. I have acid reflux and irritable bowel syndrome, so I know how it feels to want to be in tune with your body! I needed to do a lot of experimenting to figure out what upset me and what didn’t. And, now I want to experiment with food again to figure out whats causing my acne. But, I wish you luck with your goals girl! Let’s get them done 🙂

Natalie | http://nataliesalchemy.wordpress.com

Liked by 1 person

6. booksfaithlove says:

Great post! I can relate to the stomach issues so I empathize with you on that 😞 I have to be very careful with my sugar intake and traveling makes it extremely hard to maintain that. So I hope you’re able to find that balance! But enjoy your summer and let me know if you ever need novel recommendations! 💕

Liked by 1 person

7. Helen's Journey says:

That’s a great list of goals for you – very well balanced for mind, body and soul 👌
    I’m with you in hoping the sun comes back in the UK for summer – be good for you to have fun in the sun before you head off for university feeling all organised 🌞
    Good for you 💪 wishing you all the best in ticking them off your list…
    Helen

Liked by 1 person

8. Michelle (@dressingwstyles) says:

I always tell myself I am going to get back into reading! I loved reading when I was younger and could spend hours with my nose in a book — I’ve gotten distracted as I’ve gotten older, but would love to read at least one book a month.

Good luck on your goals! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

9. CiCi Marie says:

I’m a sucker for blog posts sharing goals and your layout is gorgeous! I really liked how you organized your goals into categories because it looks so much cleaner than my typical list. These all sound like great goals and I wish you all the best! It sounds like we have similar goals – I would love to see how you do! I’m going to have to go read your goals for the year!

Good luck, Alys and I hope you have a great time at university!

CiCi | Navigation To Happiness
    navigationtohappiness.com

Liked by 1 person

10. julietlylillyrose says:

Those are great goals. I started my bullet journal this year. And I just love the little bits of creativity I can add in to my day whenever I update it. And I’m totally with you on the blogging! I have such a hard time with work and school to plan ahead and schedule posts for my blog. I’m sure you’ll do amazing with your summer goals!

Liked by 1 person

11. Tyas says:

Good luck with all of your goals and starting uni! It is always exciting to start something new, and I still remember how nervous yet excited I was when preparing to move out of the house for uni. 😃

Liked by 1 person

12. Elin's Era says:

Very good Goals 🙂 im a tiny bit of a control freak and plans and Goals are the best thing i know. I sometimes Lose myself in all the things i feel i have to do that i dont feel relaxed over My breaks but more tired. So this year im planning on not having plans. Take every day as it comes. Its a BIG challange for me. But im getting there

Liked by 1 person

13. Hannah says:

I hope you are having a fantastic time travelling. I always feel more motivated after I have been away and it also provides more content for blog posts, so win-win. If only travelling was free… xx

Liked by 1 person