Before we jump into the post… In celebration of hitting 700 blog followers, I thought I’d do something a little different. Publishing this is going to push me out of my comfort zone, and is really not something I’d ever have seen myself writing a post about. Yet, I feel some great things could come out of this, and it’s important to challenge ourselves if we can see positives on the other side. So, in the spirit of challenging comfort zones, here goes nothing…
The last two months I have been plagued by one of the most common blogger complaints: a lack of time and energy to dedicate proper attention to blogging. I have struggled to stay on top of blogging, having written only nine posts so far in April compared to the eighteen I wrote in January. I have had so much going on and so much uncertainty colouring my life that creativity and connection have fallen to the wayside. This saddens me.
I believe most of us crave the time and energy to unleash our creativity and connect with others; these are two aspects the blogging community certainly couldn’t live without. So I know I’m preaching to people who are likely to empathise when I say – I want more out of blogging. Perhaps that’s not the best way to phrase it. What I mean is, I want to be able to give more of myself to blogging, reading other people’s posts and taking part in the online conversations. These are the things that pull us together, teach us new things and allow our minds and hearts to grow. Is this getting a little cheesy? I think it might be time to tone it back a little, and cut to the point, we’re about to head into paragraph four after all.
So, with a life that is only looking set to get more busy, less predictable and harder to squeeze writing time in, how am I going to achieve the creative flow and connectedness I crave?
What am I looking to do?
- Collab more – I did my first proper collab post less than a week ago, about my top self-care spring rituals and really enjoyed taking part in this. I really want to do more of these.
- Feature you – if you want to get your creativity out there to a different audience, I’d love to hear from you. Want to share your thoughts, art, poetry? If it’s relevant to my blog I’d be delighted to put it out there.
- Interview you – got something you want to say? Let’s spread the word.
- Work with others – I’d love to work with brands, companies or other individuals who are looking to spread the same messages as me.
If any of this sparks your interest, please drop me an email at email@example.com 🙂
What am I looking for?
You may be thinking ‘yes, this sounds like something I want to take part in’ but feel unsure about whether this blog is a good platform for you to get involved with. Here are a few of the areas I’d love to explore collaboratively:
- Mental health – particularly living with anxiety, but I am definitely open to putting a spotlight onto other issues.
- Wellbeing – anything self-love, self-care and self-confidence: let’s promote healthy ways to treat and think about ourselves.
- Introversion and challenging comfort zones: talking about and doing things that push our personal boundaries.
- Organisation and planning – all things bullet journalling, wall planners, lists, and beating procrastination. This is the time for stationery companies to step forward and sponsor me (I’m joking…kind of).
- Fitness – as I’m trying to regularly practice yoga, go running, be active and get outside.
- Travel – this is one of my greatest passions, and something I don’t think I talk about enough on my blog, so I would love to up the travel content on here… Particularly covering the topic of travelling as a solo female.
- Other ideas – I’m very open to other suggestions, let me know what ideas you have!
Who am I?
For those of you slightly newer to my blog, I set it up last November as an outlet for my general thoughts. As a twenty-year-old sociology student working in healthcare, my every day life doesn’t allow for much creative expression in terms of writing, and so I needed a space dedicated to that. Over the last few months, the topics I have written about have tended to mainly focus on ways to think about and deal with anxiety and uncertainty, and my journey towards maintaining a healthy mindset and lifestyle. Although I do like to dip my toes into the travel, photography, poetry and food niches from time to time, and always feel the urge to push myself to write about new things every month.
If I sound like the kind of person you’d want to have a conversation with at a party, or the kind of person you know you would talk to at a party if you overrode your introverted tendencies and managed to not panic and leave at the thought of small talk, then I’m sure we could make something great together!
Still not sure if we’re a good match? Email me with any thoughts or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do!
Come say hi on Twitter (@alysjournals) ❤
All enquiries: email@example.com