What No One Wants To Hear

the tree outside the window

blocking the sun

plasters my bedroom wall

with ugly dark patches

like damp

seeping from open sores

of a canvas that’s seen far too much

of the ugliness within me

–– 07/03/18

If you’re a frequent reader of my blog, you may be a little confused right now. You might be thinking, ‘poetry?! that’s not what normally happens here’. And yeah, you’d be right, so I’m sorry if this has thrown you off. This is the first time I’m sharing poetry (and writing it in any serious way, for that matter), so I’m not too sure how it’s going to go down. I don’t really know what I’m doing with poetry, so please don’t judge too harshly; the best way to learn is to experiment and put it out there for feedback, right?

To be honest, it makes me incredibly nervous to share this type of writing as I have very little confidence when it comes to writing poems. I thought I’d push myself out of my comfort zone today by posting this, so please let me know if you’d like to read more, or if you’d rather I stick with my other posts!

If you enjoyed this post, you might like:

Going Shopping – Conversations With Anxiety

Practising Self-Love

Dear 2017 Me: An Open Letter

My Social Media Links:

Twitter (@alysjournals)

Instagram (@alystravels)

Pinterest (@alysdc)

Bloglovin’

44 thoughts on “What No One Wants To Hear

1. Siobhan Llinos Gale says:

You should never be afraid to bare your soul and put yourself out there creatively. Or at least even if you are scared do it anyway. That’s what I do 😊I love reading everything you post. Also everybting you post should be for yourself first and foremost 💗Siobhan x

Liked by 1 person

2. sharnahsblog says:

pushing yourself out of your comfort zone can have the best outcomes sometimes. I truly think you have such a lovely talent and you should 100% carry on sharing more of your poems online. I want to read more already xx

Liked by 1 person

3. questionsfromateenager says:

GO ALYS! More poetry from you in the future please! I was pretty self-conscious about sharing my own poetry at first but it has been an incredible learning experience for me since that day I took that leap. Poetry to me is such a beautiful form of writing, one that can sometimes be even more moving than a whole paragraph. There’s something beautiful in the simplicity of how poems are crafted, yet the immense complexity they have when all of the pieces fit together. Does that make any sense? Anyway, enough of my rambling, this was a lovely read, can’t wait for more xc

Liked by 1 person

4. chasingsakina says:

Hello there 👋🏼

I’m a first time visitor and reader of your blog and have a deep love for poetry as well as share your fears of sharing works with the world! Just wanted to say that I LOVED your work and I really hope you write/share more with us and it’s incredibly motivating as well as inspirational to see similar souls struggling but brave enough to share thier voice ✨

Liked by 1 person

5. JustaKidd says:

Beautiful poem Alys ❤️ it’s awesome you were brave enough to step out of your comfort zone and write this on here. I’ve also just started writing poems myself, maybe one day I can be as brave as you and share them too

Lon x

Liked by 1 person

• Alys says:

Thank you Lon, that really means a lot to me ❤ I'd love to see what you've written one day, feel free to DM me at any point if you want any feedback on your poetry but don't want to blog about it yet 🙂 xx

6. autumnskiesblog says:

This is so brave of you, Alys!! I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading more of your work! I used to write poetry back in the day, but I’ve unfortunately since destroyed it all… I kind of want to get back in to it. You’ve inspired me 🙂

Liked by 1 person